Saturday, November 28, 2009

Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

every time i give my cat a bath she shakes and shivers. what do i do?



Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

If you use it on the cold setting it should be fine as long as she's not scared of it.



You can alternate between the lowest warm setting and cold to speed it up but make sure you do the warm in short bursts so as not to burn her.



Alternatively, stroke her with a towel on your hands :)



Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

It Should Be Fine Just As Long As It Doesn't Scare Your Cat Or Get To Hot.



Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

i think its ok...i used to dry my cat with a hairdryer. your cat probably shakes and shivers because she is cold. my cat did that too. just dont hold the hairdryer too close to her and make sure that it isn't so hot that it could burn her.



Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

I have blown dry my cat before. Nina is her name and she jumped into some blue paint when I was in the process of painting my office, I had to give her a bath. Anyway, use it on LOW because you could burn her skin. Also it is very important that you dry her all the way because she could catch a cold.



Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

you could try a hair dryer, but ive never met a cat that would let it happen.. my cat shakes and shivers like this too.. makes me feel so guilty.. so i just swaddle her in a towel and hold her for a few minutes.. she warms up and relaxes after the shock of the bath and when she's ready to get out and walk around she lets me know.. but for 5 or 10 minutes she really enjoys just laying in my arms all warm and swaddled up, maybe you could try that :D good luck!



Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

Well, First off, there's really no reason why you should have to give your cat a bath, unless they are going outside getting dirty, which if the cat is going outside, thats not a good thing Or if the cat has a skin condition such as dermatitis.



You can use a hair dryer on a cat, but it must not be held close to the cat, the heat setting should be on low or medium, and the air flow should be set to low.



This may stress the cat out further, as many animals are afraid of loud machine sounds, and the air blowing may scare the cat also.



My advice, stop bathing the cat. Cats are extremely clean and are completely capable of washing themselves.



Here's a couple of links that may be helpful for you:



http://www.animalhospitals-usa.com/cats/...



http://www.drlarrypetvet.com/allaboutcat...



Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

I use one on my cat, low setting, far from the furr to keep from burning her. It takes time to convince them you are not KILLING them with the dryer! They do get used to it.



Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

I think its okay. Just make sure that it doesn't scare you cat.



Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

It is not ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer, use a cotton towel and pat the cat dry.



Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

If you can get the cat to hold still, you're a better woman than I am.



Towel dry her first, keep it on the low setting, and at least a foot away, and she should be fine!



Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

it's fine to use the hair dryer.. just make sure it's on low and a cooler setting.. and don't hold it too close..



however if your cat is uncomfortable with the noise or blowing i wouldn't continue to use it..



my cat is terrified by the hair dryer but my dog loves it.. so for my cat i just dry her with a towel very well and she sometimes likes to stay wrapped up in it for a bit and cuddle..



Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

I'm in agreement with the folks who say, yes you can, but be very careful with the heat, and how scared the cat is of the noise, and don't give the cat a bath too often as it can dry out their skin.



I'm allergic to the kitty that adopted me (she showed up under the shed one Sat.morning). I sometimes give her baths in the late fall/winter/early spring as the dander (actually Fel d1) in a closed house can set my system off despite all the other things I do to minimize the problem. The benefit of the bath doesn't last long, but it gives me a chance to recover a bit.



After I towel her dry and use the hair dryer for as long as she'll tolerate it (not long), I turn up the heat in the house and let her stretch out on a register on the floor with a warm dry towel around her. The warmth from the forced hot air system dries her out quickly. The cat gave me the idea for this as she likes to sprawl on the register when the heat's on in the winter.



One benefit of getting the cat used to a bath is in case of an emergency (one of my neighbor's cats was sprayed by a skunk) it's less of a traumatic event for the kitty and you.



Is it ok to dry a cat with a hair dryer?

The volume of the hair dryer is very hard on their ears and most cats hate it. They'd rather be toweled dry with a towel, most will purr for that.



Remember their hearing is so much better than ours, we wouldn't try to sit next to a jackhammer working on the street, it's physically painful to the ears. This is what the hair dryer does to cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++